This easy Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl recipe is a low carb, high protein pizza night alternative. It’s deliciously cheesy and satisfies that pizza craving in just 2-3 minutes!
Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl Recipe
If you’re a cottage cheese lover, you’re probably loving all of the viral cottage cheese recipes on TikTok.
Making pizza bowls with cottage cheese as the base that’s topped with marinara, cheese, and your favorite toppings brings all the satisfying pizza flavors just without the traditional pizza crust. It’s a fabulous one-bowl recipe for an easy lunch or quick dinner.
Cottage cheese has always been one of my favorite snacks but lately it’s really gained in popularity. To be clear, I’m 100% here for it!
If you make this recipe, let me know in the comments what your favorite pizza toppings are and what other recipes with cottage cheese you’d like to see.
Pizza Bowl Ingredients
Pizza bowl Calories by Ingredient
- Good Culture Cottage Cheese – 80
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce – 25
- Italian Seasoning – 0
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – 1
- Great Value Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese (28g) – 85
- Hormel Turkey Pepperoni (17g) – 45
- Fresh Basil – 0
Total Calories / Serving – 236
*The calories listed here are approximate and vary depending on specific products/brands used and whether measured by volume or by weight/grams. Calories were calculated using LoseIt App.
As you can see, the total calories per serving varies slightly from the calories provided in the recipe card below, which uses a different nutrition calculator.
For the most accurate calorie count, weigh your ingredients before cooking using a digital kitchen scale and use your favorite nutrition calculator.
Substitutions and Variations
Spices – Feel free to play with the spices and add more or less to your personal taste preference. Dried oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder are great additions.
Veggies – Add some veggies or black olives to bulk up the bowl and increase nutritional value. I recommend using pre-cooked veggies (like sautéed mushrooms, red or green peppers, and onion) or steamed broccoli. Since this pizza bowl is cooked in the microwave for minimal time, raw veggies will not have enough time to soften.
Protein – In addition to the cottage cheese and turkey pepperoni, you can increase your protein intake by adding cooked ground chicken, ground turkey, or ground beef. Italian chicken sausage is another great option.
Cheese – Part Skim Mozzarella is my go-to for cheese but using half mozzarella and half freshly grated parmesan cheese is a great option too. Or mix it up with different cheeses!
Sauce – I use Rao’s Marinara Sauce but you can also use pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, or any tomato sauce that you have open in your fridge. This recipe is a great way to use up those random open sauce jars!
How to Make Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowls
Step 1. Add the cottage cheese to a microwave safe bowl. Top with the marinara sauce, Italian Seasoning, crushed red pepper, and mozzarella cheese.
Step 2. Microwave for 30 seconds. Then stir the cottage cheese mixture and mix in the turkey pepperoni.
Step 3. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds (or more) until hot and the cheese melts.
Step 4. Garnish with fresh basil and serve with mini bell pepper halves or crostini made with keto bread/baguette.
Pizza Bowl Serving Suggestions
You can serve this crustless pizza bowl recipe as is and eat it with a spoon! If you prefer to eat it as a cottage cheese pizza dip, serve it with some sliced mini bell peppers or whole grain crackers.
You could also make some low calorie chips with keto tortillas or slice some keto bread into quarters and bake them to make keto crostini.
I like to often like to eat this with a little side salad too.
Storage and Meal Prep
This is a single-serve recipe so you won’t have leftovers. However, it’s a great recipe to meal prep.
To meal prep cottage cheese pizza bowls, just add your cottage cheese, sauce, spices, cheese, and pepperoni to a microwave safe airtight container. I always recommend using glass meal prep containers with recipes that contain red sauce.
Only meal prep the bowls up to 2 days ahead. Any longer than that and the cottage cheese will release too much water.
Top Tips for Making Savory Cottage Cheese Bowls
- Choose the right cottage cheese. Different brands of cottage cheese contain varying amounts of liquid. I use Good Culture which isn’t too watery. Using cottage cheese with a higher moisture content will make the pizza bowls a little more runny.
- If you don’t like the texture of cottage cheese, blending cottage cheese with a food processor or blender will give it a smooth consistency. If you haven’t been a fan of cottage cheese previously, you may find that blended cottage cheese may be a game-changer.
- For best results, microwave the pizza bowls for more or less time depending on how hot you like your pizza bowls. All microwaves heat a little differently so exact times will be dependent on your microwave.
- No microwave? No problem! Bake the cottage cheese bowl in an oven-safe bowl or dish until bubbly or heat the mixture in a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat until hot, stirring frequently.
- Keep your sauce and mix-ins (if adding extra) low carb for a keto-friendly pizza.
If you tried and loved this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below!
Easy Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl (Viral TikTok Recipe)
- ½ cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese, see notes
- ¼ cup Marinara Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, see notes
- ¼ cup Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 slices Turkey Pepperoni, diced
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Basil, optional
- Add the cottage cheese to a microwave safe bowl. Top with the marinara sauce, Italian Seasoning, crushed red pepper, and mozzarella cheese.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Then stir the cottage cheese mixture and mix in the turkey pepperoni.
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute (or more) until hot and the mozzarella cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with mini bell pepper halves or crostini made with keto bread/baguette.
- Read the post for tasty variations and helpful tips to make this recipe.
- I used Good Culture 2% cottage cheese.
- Add more crushed red pepper for more spice or omit if you prefer it without.
- Calories are approximate. Please use your own nutrition calculator for the most accurate results, measuring your ingredients in grams.