Cottage Cheese Queso is a viral TikTok recipe. It’s a high protein, low calorie snack made with just 3 ingredients.Jump to Recipe
Cottage Cheese Queso Recipe
Cottage cheese is having a moment and I’m here for it! I’ve been a long time fan of cottage cheese and have eaten it as a snack since I was a kid.
One of my favorite ways to eat it is super simple, on crackers for the easiest cheese and crackers! But like I mentioned before, I’m here for all these recipes with cottage cheese, like Edible Protein Cookie Dough, that have become viral TikTok recipes.
This cottage cheese dip brings all the flavor of queso dip but without the extra calories, fat, or suspect ingredients. This easy dip is so simple to make a food processor or blender and only calls for three ingredients.
If you’re not a fan of Greek yogurt, cream cheese, or mayonnaise based dips, you’ll love this healthy queso dip because it doesn’t contain any of those!
You should definitely give this recipe a try and be sure to leave a comment to let me know what you think!
Cottage Cheese Queso Ingredients
cottage cheese queso Calories by Ingredient
- Good Culture Cottage Cheese – 160
- Thrive Market Low Sodium Taco Seasoning – 30
- Pepper Jack Cheese – 110
Total Calories / Serving – 150
*The calories listed here are approximate and vary depending on specific products/brands used and whether measured by volume or by weight/grams. Calories were calculated using LoseIt App.
As you can see, the total calories per serving varies slightly from the calories provided in the recipe card below, which uses a different nutrition calculator.
For the most accurate calorie count, weigh your ingredients before cooking using a digital kitchen scale and use your favorite nutrition calculator.
Ingredient Substitutions and Variations
Feel free to add a little hot sauce for heat or add some fresh garlic, stir in some freshly chopped tomatoes, or even some jalapeño. You could also use Baby Bell Pepper Jack or your favorite Baby Bell cheese or reduced fat shredded Mexican blend cheese.
Other variations on TikTok that I’ve seen have included cheddar cheese instead of pepper jack cheese, nutritional yeast instead of cheese, and fajita seasoning instead of taco seasoning.
How to Make the Viral TikTok Cottage Cheese Queso Recipe
Step 1. Add the cottage cheese and taco seasoning to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
Step 2. Pour the blended cottage cheese into a microwave safe bowl and add in the Pepper Jack cheese (or cheese of your choice) and microwave for one minute or until the cheese is melted.
Step 3. Remove from the microwave and stir vigorously until well combined. Feel free to stir in freshly diced tomatoes, chopped jalapeños, or green chiles.
Step 4. Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.
Viral TikTok Cottage Cheese Queso Video
What to Serve with Queso Cottage Cheese Dip
- Tortilla Chips (I like Siete)
- Raw Vegetables – bell peppers, sweet mini peppers, carrot chips or baby carrots, cucumber, celery, cauliflower, or broccoli are all great choices.
- Protein Chips
- Sun Chips
Tips for Making Cottage Cheese Queso
- I use small curd cottage cheese.
- You can double the recipe to make a larger batch to meal prep for the week.
- If you prefer a cold cottage cheese dip, you could blend the cheese with the cottage cheese and serve it cold.
- If you have a high-powered microwave, you can start by heating the dip in 15-30 second increments so it doesn’t get too hot too quickly and separate.
If you tried and loved this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below!
Viral TikTok Cottage Cheese Queso Recipe
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese, low fat
- 1/4 cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese or 1 oz cubed
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning, low sodium
- Add the cottage cheese and taco seasoning to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the blended cottage cheese into a microwave safe bowl and add in the Pepper Jack cheese (or cheese of your choice) and microwave in 30 second intervals for one minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the microwave and stir vigorously until well combined. Feel free to stir in freshly diced tomatoes, chopped jalapeños, or green chiles.
- Serve warm with veggies, protein chips, or tortilla chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- Calories are for 1/2 recipe made with low fat cottage cheese and regular Pepper Jack cheese. See post above for a more detailed calorie breakdown by ingredient.