Low Calorie Pizza Bagels are a delicious and nostalgic lunch that are super simple to make and are ready in less than 15 minutes. Crisp toasted bagels are topped with pizza sauce and gooey mozzarella cheese– the perfect snack or lunch!
Low Calorie Pizza Bagels
Low Calorie Pizza Bagels are a favorite lunchtime treat, just lower in calories thanks to low calorie bagels that are more readily available.
I shared which low calorie bagel I use for this Pizza Bagel recipe in the Calorie Breakdown section further down this post.
Crisp, toasted bagels plus flavorful pizza sauce and melty mozzarella cheese. It’s comfort food in a smaller portion and all the flavor you want from traditional pizza but with fewer calories.
Make it a meal and add some veggie sticks or a salad on the side!
Pizza Bagel Ingredients
CALORIE BREAKDOWN BY INGREDIENT
- Schmidt Old Tyme 647 Plain Bagel – 160
- Nature’s Promise Organic Pizza Sauce – 15
- Kraft Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese – 68
Total Calories – 243
*Calories are approximate and vary depending on specific products/brands used and whether measured by volume or by weight/grams. Calories were calculated using LoseIt App.
How To Make Pizza Bagels
- Open your bagels to make 8 halves. Place on a parchment lined rimmed half sheet pan and bake at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes to toast.
- Top each bagel half with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is hot and melted. Enjoy immediately!
Tips for Making Bagel Pizza
- Add your favorite toppings! Mini pepperoni, leftover shredded chicken, Italian seasoning, mushrooms, peppers, olives, or fresh basil are all great ideas.
- Don’t forget to adjust the calorie count for added toppings.
- Use more or less sauce or cheese as needed. Again, don’t forget to adjust the calories to accurately reflect the amounts used.
- To make Pizza Bagels in Air Fryer: air fry 370 3-4 minutes into crisp and cheese is melted. Air fryer bagel pizzas are the fastest way to make these, but not everybody owns one.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #LOWCALICIOUS or tag @EATLOWCALICOIUS – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this bagel pizza recipe,
be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
Low Calorie Pizza Bagels
- Half Sheet Pan
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Baking Mat
- 4 Schmidt Old Tyme 647 Bagels Plain
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 ½ cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese Fat Free
- Preheat your oven to 425 F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Open the bagels and place them all cut side up on the prepared baking sheet. Place the bagels in the oven for 5 minutes, or until they are just beginning to toast on top.
- Spread each bagel evenly with the pizza sauce and top with the shredded cheese, as well as any of your desired toppings (see notes).
- Return the pizza bagels to the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Enjoy immediately. Store any leftover pizza bagels in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days or freeze.
- Optional toppings: mini pepperoni, cooked italian sausage, italian seasoning, mushrooms, peppers, olives, fresh basil, etc.
- Calories are approximate and dependent on ingredients and amounts used.
- Reheat leftovers in the oven or toaster oven.
- To make these in an Air Fryer, air fry 370 3-4 minutes into crisp and cheese is melted.