Hard boiled eggs are easily made in the air fryer in just 20 minutes. They’re easy to peel and great for meal prep!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
Add an easy source of protein to your meal prep rotation with these easy Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs!
The traditional method for cooking eggs whole and in the shell is to hard boil eggs. But to switch things up and make air fryer eggs is a new way to prepare them.
It’s especially great if you’re already going to be using your air fryer. I love that you just place eggs in the air fryer basket and cook them without having to wait for a pot of water to boil.
Ingredients you’ll need
Tools you’ll need
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in an Air Fryer
We almost exclusively eat our hard boiled eggs as an extra source of protein for breakfast with a little bit of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper or top them with Everything Bagel Seasoning. They easy to just peel and pack to take on the go!
Cooked eggs can also be used for potato salad, egg salad sandwiches, Cobb salad, Deviled Eggs, dying Easter Eggs, and more.
Storage and Meal Prep
Cooked eggs must be kept refrigerated. For optimal freshness, do not peel until you’re ready to eat them or use them in recipes.
I really like these egg holders to keep my cooked eggs separate from the raw eggs. It holds exactly 1 dozen eggs which is perfect.
Alternatively, you can keep them in an airtight container or storage container of your choice.
Tips for Making Hard Boiled Eggs in the Air Fryer
- Don’t skip the ice bath. When you place the cooked eggs in ice water bath as soon as they’re removed from the air fryer, you’ll stop the cooking process to prevent your eggs from being over cooked. It’s the same concept as when you blanch green beans.
- For even cooking and to ensure the hot air circulates the eggs properly, make sure to place the eggs in a single layer.
- Make sure you use cold eggs and not room temperature eggs.
- Cook time may vary with different air fryers. You can do a test run with an egg or two to nail your cooking time. I use this Cosori air fryer and love it.
- For soft boiled eggs or medium-boiled eggs, reduce the cooking time but you risk having some of the egg white uncooked.
If you tried and loved this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below!
Easy Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 Large Eggs
- Place the cold eggs in the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook at 250 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked eggs to a large bowl of ice water and allow them to cool completely.
- Peel and enjoy or transfer to a storage container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- You do not need to preheat your air fryer. The 20 minute cooking time basically has a 5 minute “preheat” built in.
- Hard boiled eggs will keep fresh in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
- Nutrition information is approximate and will vary depending on the size of your eggs.