Healthy Air Fryer Green Beans are easy to make and can be made in less than 10 minutes! They’re a healthy side dish recipe that pairs well with any protein.
Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe
Blanched Green Beans are one of my go-to recipes for meal prep but I like to switch things up every so often and make these Air Fryer Green Beans instead. They’re so easy made with just a handful of ingredients, even my middle school daughter makes them!
Green beans in the air fryer are also a healthier, low carb alternative to French fries. We often have these with burgers!
I keep the spices really simple in this recipe with garlic salt and pepper. That makes it easy to pair with lots of different dishes without competing flavors.
You can easily customize the spices and seasonings to suit your taste or to go with specific dishes. Garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, etc. are all great additions.
There are different types of green beans available. Standard green beans (sometimes called string beans) are what is most commonly found in the grocery store.
However, haricot verts may also be available, also known as French green beans. These are longer and much thinner so be aware that they’ll cook much faster. I recommend sticking with regular green beans – they’re the best green beans for this recipe.
You’ll love this simple, healthy side dish recipe for easy air fryer green beans. Add it to your weekly meal rotations for a quick and delicious way to add extra veggies to your meals!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Green Beans
How to Make Green Beans in an Air Fryer
Step 1. Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes before cooking.
Step 2. Wash and dry the green beans in paper towels and trim the ends of the green beans.
Step 3. Add the green beans to a large bowl. Then add the oil, garlic salt, and pepper and toss to combine making sure all the green beans are coated with the oil. (You can add an additional 1/2-1 teaspoon oil if necessary.
Step 4. Place the beans into the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8 minutes, turning a couple of times during cooking so that they brown evenly. Allow extra time to cook in batches as necessary to avoid overcrowding your air fryer basket.
Step 5. Remove and serve.
What to Serve with Crispy Air Frier Green Beans
They’d also go great with any of these Low Calorie Dinner recipes. Green beans are a simple vegetable that makes it the perfect side dish for just about anything!
Storage and Meal Prep
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If making these green beans to meal prep, portion into your meal prep containers after cooking.
Tips for Making Green Beans in the Air Fryer
- Be sure to use fresh green beans. I haven’t tried this recipe with frozen green beans.
- Dry your green beans well with a paper towel. Drying the green beans will produce crispy green beans and they’ll be less mushy. Extra moisture will cause the green beans to steam a little while cooking.
- Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes before cooking your first batch. A preheated air fryer will cook more evenly.
- Once the green beans are cooked, toss them with some freshly grated parmesan cheese for Air Fryer Parmesan Green Beans.
- Not all air fryers cook the same and air fryer temperatures vary so cooking time may need to be adjusted depending on your air fryer. You may have to cook the green beans for more or less time.
If you tried and loved this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below!
Healthy Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 pound Fresh Green Beans
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Avocado Oil, or Olive Oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes before cooking.
- Wash and dry the green beans in paper towels and trim the ends of the green beans.
- Add the green beans to a large bowl. Then add the oil, garlic salt, and pepper and toss to combine making sure all the green beans are coated with the oil. (You can add an additional 1/2-1 teaspoon oil if necessary.
- Place the beans into the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook for 8 minutes, turning a couple of times during cooking so that they brown evenly. Allow extra time to cook in batches as necessary to avoid overcrowding your air fryer basket.
- Remove and serve.
- Read the post for helpful tips to make this recipe.