Edible Protein Cookie Dough with Cottage Cheese is a viral TikTok recipe that’s worth the hype! It’s high in protein, low in calories, and a tasty sweet treat!Jump to Recipe
Protein Cookie Dough
Cottage cheese is one of those foods that I’ve always loved. It’s such a great snack and that’s low in fat and high in protein with 12-15 grams of protein depending on the brand you use.
Since this recipe is made with almond flour, it’s naturally gluten free. It’s also low carb if you use sugar free chocolate chips like I did.
It’s the perfect snack if you’re looking for a little something sweet. A small amount goes a long way in satisfying that sweet tooth!
It’s one of my favorite recipes to make for a late night snack and sweet treat. This high protein cookie dough recipe is a great healthier alternative to anything else I might grab!
Protein Cookie Dough made with Simple Ingredients
How to Choose the Best Protein Powder
This is really simple, the best protein powder to use in recipes is the one that you like the taste of! I use Orgain Vanilla, which I also used in these Low Calorie Pumpkin Muffins, and I could recommend several brands. However, whey protein powder really comes down to personal preference and it might take some trial and error of trying different protein powders to find one that you truly like the taste of.
For this recipe, you could use a plant-based protein powder or vegan protein powder but unless you use a dairy free cottage cheese substitute, the cookie dough won’t be dairy free.
How to Make Edible Protein Cookie Dough
Step 1. Add the cottage cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla to a blender canister.
Step 2. Blend on medium high until completely smooth.
Step 3. Add the cottage cheese mixture, protein powder, and almond flour to a large bowl.
Step 4. Mix until well combined and add the chocolate chips. Fold the chocolate chips in to incorporate. Optional, use a cookie scoop to roll into protein cookie dough bites.
Step 5. Eat immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat! Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Viral TikTok Protein Cookie Dough Video Tutorial
Tips for making this Protein Cookie Dough Recipe
- For best results use Super Fine Almond Flour.
- It’s easier to portion by rolling into 16 balls of cookie dough to make cookie dough protein bites.
- If you don’t have a blender, you can use a Nutribullet or food processor. You just want to make sure the cottage cheese is blended as smooth as possible.
- Some cottage cheeses are saltier than others. If you find the cookie dough to be a little on the bland side, you can mix in a pinch of salt to bring out the flavors.
- I have not tested this recipe with any other sweeteners like monk fruit, sugar free maple syrup, or coconut sugar.
If you tried and loved this Edible Protein Cookie Dough recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below!
Edible Protein Cookie Dough with Cottage Cheese
- 16 oz. 1% Cottage Cheese
- ¼ cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (see notes)
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 cup Lily's Chocolate Chips
- Add the cottage cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla to a blender canister. Blend on medium high until completely smooth.
- Add the cottage cheese mixture, protein powder, and half of the almond flour to a mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined and add in the remaining almond flour. Stir well and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat!
- I used Orgain Vanilla Protein Powder. The smoother the protein powder the better.
- Sift your Almond Flour to make it finer and remove any clumps.