This healthy Pumpkin Smoothie recipe is a hearty portable breakfast with plenty of fiber and protein to keep you full all morning.Jump to Recipe
While oatmeal smoothies aren’t always the lowest calorie breakfast but they certainly pack a hefty punch when it comes to flavor and keeping you full.
This healthy Pumpkin Smoothie recipe comes in at 341 calories per smoothie. While it sounds like a lot of calories for a smoothie, it’s a complete meal in a cup. With a meal under 350 calories to start your day, there’s plenty of room left in the calorie budget for lunch, dinner, and snacks.
Delicious and Easy Pumpkin Smoothie
Thanks to ingredients like pumpkin and oatmeal, this smoothie is high in fiber. Greek yogurt adds protein to keep you feeling satiated.
Smoothies with pumpkin and pumpkin spice are a great way to incorporate your favorite fall flavors into a healthy, low-calorie breakfast.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Smoothies
Calorie Breakdown by ingredient
- Ice – 0
- Reduced Sugar Vanilla Almond Milk – 60
- Libby’s Pumpkin Puree – 50
- Kodiak Cakes Protein Oats, Classic Rolled Oats – 125 (approximately)
- Kirkland Pure Maple Syrup – 55
- Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt – 45
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – 0
- Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract – 6
Total Calories = 341
*Calories are approximate and vary depending on products/brands used and whether measured by volume instead of by weight/grams. Calories were calculated using My Fitness Pal.
Tools you’ll need
Tips & Tricks
- If you want to ensure a super smooth smoothie, blend your oats to a fine powder before adding any other ingredients then remove the ground oats from the blender before adding your milk and ice.
- Add the liquid (almond milk) to the blender first. Blenders will work more efficiently when the liquid is added first.
- Use a high-power blender to break down the ice cubes.
- This healthy pumpkin smoothie recipe is a great way to use up leftover pumpkin purée!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG #LOWCALICIOUS OR TAG @EATLOWCALICOIUS – I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
IF YOU LOVE THIS LOW CALORIE OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE,
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA SO YOU NEVER MISS A POST:
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- ½ cup Ice
- 1 cup Reduced Sugar Vanilla Almond Milk or milk of choice
- ½ cup Pumpkin Purée
- ⅓ cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats gluten free if needed
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup or sweetener of choice
- ½ cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, starting with the ice and milk first.
- Blend until smooth, add more milk if desired.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- If you want to ensure a super smooth smoothie, blend the oats to a fine powder before adding any other ingredients.
- Use gluten free oats if needed.
- Add additional milk or even water to thin the smoothie if you find it to be too thick for your taste.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Use 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, and a 1/8 teaspoon allspice in place of the pumpkin pie spice
Vanilla Greek Yogurt
Plain Greek Yogurt can be used instead of Vanilla. I prefer vanilla for the little flavor boost and the added sweetness. Forager Project Cashewmilk Yogurt is a great dairy free alternative.
Pure Maple Syrup
Honey or your sweetener of choice can be used in place of pure maple syrup.
Add a scoop of protein powder for a higher protein smoothie. (Adds additional calories.)
This recipe was originally shared on my sister site, What The Fork Food Blog.